News & Events
All About Tryouts
It’s tryout season. Skaters of all ages and levels are invited to come tryout for a Capital Theatre on Ice team! Tryouts for all teams will be held on Saturday, September 22 at Ashburn Ice House from 6:15 – 8:30 pm.
Skaters will be assessed on their skating skills, ability to learn short pieces of choreography, their team-dynamics, and other qualities.
Theatre on Ice Skating Skills
Preliminary and above
- Strong Edges Forward/Backward Outside/Inside
- Chasse Forward/Backward
- Mohawks Both directions
- 3 Turns Forward/Backward Outside/Inside
- Power 3
- T-Stops Both Directions
- Spirals Both Feet Forward/Backward
- Catch Spirals Both Feet Forward/Backward
- Lunges Both Feet Forward/Backward
- Spread Eagles Outside/Inside
Novice and above
- Rockers Forward/Backward Outside/Inside
- Counters Forward/Backward Outside/Inside
- Cluster turns Different Variations
- Twizzles Forward/Backward Outside/Inside
- Tango Stops Both Directions
- Spread Eagles Both Directions
- 135/”Y” Both Feet Forward/Backward
- Ina Bauer Both Directions
Be Prepared to Jump (at least basic jumps), Spin (at least basic spins) and demonstrate any Specialized Moves you may have in your repertoire (example: hydro blades, cantilevers, etc)
Be prepared to demonstrate a team led dance combination
We hope you’ll come see what CTOI is all about! If you have any questions regarding tryouts, please email email@example.com for more information
Competition Calendar Set
We’ve chosen our events for the 2019/2020 season! Our teams will be attending the Cardinal Classic in Woobridge, VA in April, and the Theatre on Ice National Championships in Wichita, KS in June 2020.
Additional events may be added to this calendar, including demonstration events, local ice shows, etc. Be sure to check with your coaches and team managers for the latest.